A switchblade knife, as defined in 441.2, is mailable only to the following categories of addressees:
- Certain designated supply or procurement officers and employees ordering, procuring, or purchasing them for use in connection with their respective governments or organizations, such as:
- Civilian or armed forces supply or procurement officers, and employees of the federal government.
- Supply or procurement officers of the National Guard, the Air National Guard, or the militia of a state, territory, or the District of Columbia.
- Supply or procurement officers or employees of the municipal government of the District of Columbia, or of the government of any state or territory, or of any county, city, or other political subdivision of a state or territory.
- Manufacturers or bona fide dealers of such knives in connection with a shipment made to an address in one of the above categories.