Packaging for Mailing
Publication 2 January 2002
A. Explanation. This publication supplements the standards in Domestic Mail Manual (DMM)
C010. It provides mailers and postal personnel with information on how to properly package
items for mailing. Proper packaging prior to mailing is necessary to prevent deterioration and
degradation of a mailpiece and its contents.
B. Distribution and Requisition. Additional copies can be ordered as follows:
• Public. Call the Material Distribution Center (MDC) at 800-332-0317 (option 4).
This publication is also available on the Internet at http://www.usps.com - click on
Info, then Postal Periodicals and Publications, then Publications (either PDF
Format or Text Format), and then Pub 2.
• Postal Service. Order by telephone, cc:Mail, or official mail as follows:
- Touch Tone Order Entry: Call 800-332-0317, option 1, then option 2.
- cc:Mail: Send an F3Fill-completed PS Form 7380, MDC Supply Requisition, by
cc:Mail to MDC Customer Service at TOKS001L.
- Official Mail: Send a completed PS Form 7380, MDC Supply Requisition, to the
500 SW GARY ORMSBY DR
TOPEKA KS 66624-9702
This publication is also available on the corporate intranet at http://blue.usps.gov -
click on Information, then Policies and Procedures, then Pubs, and then the title of the
C. Comments and Questions. Direct comments or questions concerning the content of this
publication to the following address:
MAIL PREPARATION AND STANDARDS
US POSTAL SERVICE
1735 N LYNN ST RM 3025
ARLINGTON VA 22209-6038
D. Effective Date. This handbook is effective January 2002.
Stephen M. Kearney
Pricing and Classification