The entire document shall be read and understood before proceeding with a
There are three sections: Overview, Testing and Report
• Overview provides the general knowledge required before going into
the testing laboratory and
• Testing presents the specific instructions to do the testing in the
• Report indicates what data shall be recorded to submit a test report to
ISTA Test Procedures and Test Projects are the worldwide leaders in
Performance Tests for Packaged-Products.
Two systems of weights and measures are presented in ISTA test
procedures. They are the English system (Inch-Pound) and the international
system SI (Metric). Inch-Pound units are shown first with Metric units in
brackets, except in some tables where they are shown separately.
• Either system may be used as the unit of measure (standard units),
• The standard units chosen shall be used consistently throughout the
• Units are converted to two significant figures and
• Not exact equivalents.