|Skip Navigation ||
May DMM Update
Postal Explorer (pe.usps.com) is your source for up-to-date mailing standards. The Domestic Mail Manual is fully searchable on Postal Explorer and features fly-out menus, cross-reference links, and an extensive subject index. Today we updated our mailing standards with the new Mailing Services prices and several other changes:
New Mailing Services Prices and Standards
We revised Mailing Services standards throughout the DMM to support the pricing changes approved by the Governors of the U.S. Postal Service. Mailing Services include First-Class Mail, Periodicals, Standard Mail, Parcel Post, Parcel Select, Bound Printed Matter, Library Mail, Media Mail, and Extra Services. Highlights of the price change include:
· The price of a First-Class Mail stamp increases 2˘, to 44˘. No changes to the additional-ounce price or the nonmachinable surcharge.
· New options for preparing First-Class Mail automation letters and Standard Mail automation and machinable letters.
· We aligned machinable and automation letter characteristics for First-Class Mail (commercial) and Standard Mail.
· New Standard Mail saturation mail initiatives to encourage growth.
· Parcel Post simplified to one price list.
· Added a new Bronze tier for small-volume Confirm users.
Insurance Claims Process
Authorized Meter Providers
We revised 604.4.1.3 to update addresses for two meter providers on our list of authorized vendors.
Our next scheduled DMM update is June 1.