|Skip Navigation ||
March 6, 2013
IMb™ Services Update
Full-Service Technology Credit – To encourage mailers to adopt Full-Service mailing standards, the Postal Service is proposing to offer a Full-Service Technology Credit, commonly known as a Tech Credit.
Tech Credit is similar to a coupon that mailers can redeem for a postage credit on Full-Service mailings containing 90 percent or more Full-Service pieces. Tech Credit eligibility is based on a business location’s permit volume that meets the qualifying automation volume threshold. Mailers have been identified as eligible for a Tech Credit because they mailed over 125,000 pieces of automation mail from October 1, 2011 through September 30, 2012.
If approved by the Postal Regulatory Commission (PRC), mailers will be able to redeem Tech Credits when they submit mailings containing 90 percent or more Full-Service mailpieces. More information on Tech Credit can be found on RIBBS.
Mailers eligible for Tech Credit will receive a letter by March 8, 2013. If a mailer does not receive a letter and believes their company is eligible after reviewing the program criteria, they can initiate an Inquiry.
Inquiries regarding Tech Credit eligibility will be handled by the PostalOne! Help Desk. Inquiries may be made by:
· Navigating to the following link and initiating an online inquiry: techcredit.htm
· Emailing the PostalOne! Help Desk at email@example.com, Subject: Tech Credit
· Calling the PostalOne! Help Desk at 1-800-522-9085, selecting the “Tech Credit” prompt
Tech Credits may be redeemed as a postage credit:
· during a twelve-month period beginning June 2013 and
· when a qualified business location submits a postage statement that contains 90 percent or more Full-Service pieces.